Let’s start with a little roundup of interesting bits and bites from around the web before I dive into week 13 of marathon training.
- 99U (Adobe’s creative online mag) shared 7 pieces of advice to help you approach your own work, pulling from the wisdom of some incredible creative minds, including this from Kurt Vonnegut,
“Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to find out what’s inside you, to make your soul grow.”
- A cold cup of truth this week from ZenHabits in a recent post, “The Ideal vs. the Reality of Changing Your Life”
- NY-ers, Self magazine is teaming up with some great fitness brands and hosting group runs around the city through the end of October. It’s all free, check it out.
- Outside Magazine published a “Go List” of 6 places to visit where the dollar is currently strong. (I love Outside Mag.)
- Runs for Cookies is a new-to me blogger. She lost 125 pounds through some major lifestyle changes, but that’s not the only thing that makes her so incredibly interesting. She bares it all on her blog, and her honesty, transparency and good humor make it very easy to connect with her. Not sure where to start? I really liked this post.