It’s been a while since I wrote one of these posts and there has been so much I’ve been loving recently.
Here are the first two posts in the series:
Since I recently did a big cleanse, healthy eating has been top of mind. A lot of this post’s favorites are food related. Here we go.
- Protein pastas: I don’t know how long they’ve been in the market but I’ve recently fallen in love with bean-based pastas. They have a ton of protein (24 grams) and fiber (7 grams) a serving and are low in carbs. Made of chickpeas or lentils, these pastas are shaped like regular noodles. I think the texture is very similar to regular pasta. Unlike regular pasta, lentil pasta holds the al dente state for a lot longer. For a second opinion, Matt, noodle aficionado, enjoys it but definitely would prefer traditional pasta. I’ve tried a few different brands. I like them all but POW is my favorite. Banza and Tolerant are also very good.
- CorePower Yoga is coming to NYC… and the UWS: I love this studio when I travel (they have locations in the mid-west and Colorado that I’ve hit up). CorePower Yoga has hot yoga and yoga with weights. I’m looking forward to giving their NYC spot a try.
- Making protein pancakes: I’ve been futzing around with protein pancake recipes and finally found one that I like. It comes from Anne at Fannetastic Food. I use a little more flax seed to make it sturdier. While the pancake is still warm, I put almond butter on the top, so it melts. (Maple syrup works well too!)
- Summer Tomato’s Podcast: Darya Rose’s Foodist podcast is a breath of fresh air. The Foodist theory is, “Using Real Food and Real Science to Lose Weight Without Dieting.” Her interview series is relatable and informative and leaves me feeling calm and prepared to make smarter food choices.
- The song “Carol Brown” (Choir of Ex Girlfriends) from Flight of the Conchords is cracking me up
- Pop Physique (a barre class!) read why I’m loving it.
What are you loving these days?