Not too long ago, I wrote a pretty comprehensive list of free running clubs in the 212. But who doesn’t like even more free stuff? Below is a list of free ways to work out in NYC that aren’t just running (though, some are).
- Paragon Sports and The North Face are running a totally free 12-week training program for the NYC Marathon.
- Atheta + (Well+Good)= Sweat Series. Well+Good handpicked 18 of the city’s top fitness instructors for these rad (and complimentary) Sunday morning workouts hosted by Athleta all year long in its New York City stores.
- NYC Parks are running a ton of classes, from Zumba to Kickboxing to Yoga (and more) in all 5 boroughs.
- Free Yoga in Bryant Park.
- The Rise: Sort of like November Project. They meet Monday, Wednesday and Friday and do HIIT, Core and Hill sprits respectively.
- A comprehensive list of every first-time client fitness deal in Manhattan and Brooklyn (from Rate Your Burn)
- Gilt City Fitness Deals (not free, but cheaper)
I also thought this article from FitSugar on Why Running Isn’t Helping You Lose Weight was worth a read.