So ClassPass is raising their monthly fee from $125 for unlimited classes to $190 for existing members and $200 for newbies. You can still pay $125 a month but you’ll be limited to 10 classes each billing period (which is a month in length but won’t necessarily start on the first of the month, for example mine resets on the 27th, aka today).
I don’t blame ClassPass. There are countless articles on how expensive it is to run a boutique studio. It’s a small business like any other. Maybe the rent in New York is just too damn high. Using ClassPass, studios take in even fewer dollars per client then they do when they fill classes at-cost.
Still, from a consumer’s standpoint, it obviously sucks to pay more for the same service. So I’ve culled together a list of fitness deals going on right now. Snag them, so if you quit ClassPass, or effectively downgrade your membership, you have a back up plan.
Fitness deals going on right now in NYC (UPDATED!):
- Pure Barre West Village: 5 classes for $100 (aka 33% off)
- Peloton: 5 classes for $110 (22% off). Pro Tip: I love this place
- David Barton Gym: 1 month membership for $59 (76% off)
- Epic Hybrid Training: 10 classes for $99 (saving you $221) Read my review here.
- Core Pilates NYC: 5 mat classes for $54 (40% off). Pro Tip: I like this place
- BeeBee’s Butt Bootcamp (yes that’s a thing) is offering $99 monthly memberships for a limited time.
- Barry’s Bootcamp is offering 14 classes for $199, but those classes need to be used within 14 days. They also have a 5 class option. Read my review here.
- Refine Method has unlimited $25 classes as long as you go at least twice a week between now and the end of June (h/t Dori!) Check out the link for full information. These classes are incredible.
- CITYROW is offering 5 classes for $125. Email email@example.com by Monday, May 2 to take advantage.
- Uplift Studios is offering 4 classes for $40 – an insane savings. You need to purchase on Friday 4/29 to get the deal.
- TMPL – David Barton’s new gym in Hell’s Kitchen is inviting scorned ClassPassers to work out for free this weekend.
I’ll keep you updated on noteworthy deals I see. I imagine studios will start to offer packages to lure you away at this moment of decision.
What’s your plan? Will you upgrade you membership? Quit altogether?